Thursday, November 20, 2008

"When you call me that, smile."

This was the book for our mom's club. We had a great discussion tonight and I gained some insights. This was the first novel about the American cowboy and where the movie stereotypes came from. There is also a love story for the ladies. Alot to ponder and make up your mind about. My main question is "how would I act?" I won't give it away, but it's definitely worth the read.
Our book for January is The Taming of the Shrew by Shakespeare. If anyone wants to read and discuss it online, let me know.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Tonya, you are amazing! How you have time to read with all of the other stuff you do is great time management. And you are such a refined and intellectual woman. I admire you so much! I'm not much for reading except a few pages before bed. I am still in the 2nd Twilight book...yes the teen series, lol. And finishing the Work and the Glory. Sad, sad. It's embarassing how many books I haven't read!

Tonya N said...

Brandy-
If I kept my house clean, then I wouldn't be reading anything but my scriptures. I guess I need to get balanced and have moderation in all things:)