Monday, December 15, 2008

Gingerbread House, Finally!

We bought a gingerbread house kit this year thinking that it would save me time. Well, we started it on Thursday and just got it done today. If you want to make it look like the picture on the box, it takes awhile. The kids wanted the box look, but didn't want to follow the directions. The icing wasn't too easy to work with either. The red would run and the white was so stiff that it didn't want to stick to the house. I think it turned out okay looking, but I don't know if it was worth not making my own gingerbread. I think it's a toss-up.

1 comment:

Brandy said...

That looks awesome!! I've never made gingerbread before. I always use graham crackers, if I didn't do that I'd probably buy the kit too. What a fun project for the kids.